Do you believe the world is prepared to face an alien invasion?
A recent survey conducted in Britain reveals some surprising numbers on just how many people believe the truth is out there, and possibly heading right for us.
Half of them think we should actively prepare for such a scenario, and that an extraterrestrial invasion may occur within 50 years. However, of that number, a full 71% believe aliens have already visited Earth.
“Londoners, the Welsh and those in the south west of England were the biggest believers in extraterrestrial life, according to the OnePoll survey.”
Other notable stats:
- 22% would be worried for their lives if aliens showed up
- 58% think that, to prevent panic, governments shouldn’t tell the public about an impending alien invasion
- 46% would happily join a human resistance group to defend Planet Earth from the extraterrestrial scourge
- 23% believe we’d actually be able to defend ourselves
- 29% would welcome them
- 71% think they’d have to defend themselves from their fellow humans during the alien crisis, as well
- Over 50% believe an alien invasion would mean the end of humanity as we know it
Echoing a previous survey in the U.S., a full 75% of respondents feel that world governments are withholding information about UFO disclosure. 67% feel that said governments should have a plan ready in the event that such an invasion does occur.
As for why aliens would choose to visit Earth, respondents had a few ideas. The aliens may be on a peaceful scientific endeavor to learn about Earth-based lifeforms, they said. Or, like the aliens from Independence Day, they might instead be after our planet’s resources.
If you ask me, they might just be checking in on their planet-sized alien zoo. Hopefully they still find us interesting!