Anyone is welcome to post a comment here at Stranger Dimensions. However, if you’re thinking about leaving one, please keep the following in mind.
In general, I’m very lenient and prefer not to delete comments. Feel free to post disagreements, criticism, or anything you’d like so long as it’s on topic and respectable. My primary concern when moderating comments is to prevent spam and excessive negativity (detailed below).
Honestly, just remember to be cool.
A comment is likely to be removed (or fail to appear outright) if it violates any of the following:
- Rule #1: Comments should be on topic. The occasional off-topic comment is okay, but generally I don’t like it when things go off the rails.
- Spam: Spam, if not caught by the spam filter, will be deleted. This includes advertising and/or promotion, off-topic links, one-word comments, usernames that contain keywords, etc.
- Behavior: Do not antagonize other commenters. This includes personal attacks and name-calling. Focus on the topic or argument, not the person. Off-topic arguments will be banished into the abyss.
- Comment Length: Avoid excessively long comments. Anything approaching or over 1000 words is likely to get nuked, if only for sanity (and technical) reasons.
- Originality: Do not copy/paste content from other sources/pages into your comment. Also, do not copy/paste comments that you’ve already posted elsewhere.
- Language: I come from the old Art Bell camp of no bad language. If you have something to say, keep it clean. Use of bad language might mean your post gets eaten by the spam filter, from which there may be no return. That said, if the occasional word gets through, I’m not going to lose my mind (and there are some filters).
Despite the above guidelines, I ultimately reserve the right to delete (or not delete) any comment for any reason at any time, or to block anyone from posting comments in the future.
If you attempt to post a comment and it enters the moderation queue (which will be indicated by either the comment not appearing or a message that states your comment is “awaiting moderation”), please allow some time for the comment to appear. If it doesn’t, please review the above guidelines and consider why it may not have appeared.
All comments containing links will enter the moderation queue.
If you select the option to “Save my username and email in this browser for the next time I comment,” three local cookies will be set in your browser to save your information. These are technical cookies, and contain no information other than what you’ve inputted into the “Username/Alias” and “Email” fields on the comment form. If you wish to remove them later, you may do so in your browser options.
Finally, each comment found on StrangerDimensions.com is the responsibility of the individual, or third-party, making it (please see Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act). By leaving a comment, you agree that the content of the comment is your own, and that neither StrangerDimensions.com nor its owner can be held responsible for it.
This comment policy may be updated at any time. And, of course, if you disagree with any of the above guidelines, please reconsider leaving a comment. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.